Role Model of DisgraceJuly 26, 2009
I don’t have kids but if I did…there are things that I would make sure they knew from a early age. I also expect, no rather demand, that people who are in the spotlight as a role model for children set an example for what is good, right, moral and just. Here are some of the qualities I wish to instill in my children, and of the children who are loved by me.
1. Always speak up for right. Back your friends when they’re right. Never let anyone make you feel like being a good person is a bad thing.
2. You are not entitled to anything but life, the freedom to follow God, and to reap the benefits of your labor. If you feel like someone owes you something, it should be based on your merits alone…not anything else.
3. Be a gracious and generous person. Do it for the reward of enriching people’s lives. If someone tells you that you have to be charitable, then it is not charity at all but yet a command you follow.
4. If something happens, you are scared, and cannot reach your parents, find a police officer. Most all police officers are awesome at protecting people.
Just to name a few.
Now let’s review what President Obama is teaching the youth of America.
1. Do not make waves. If someone is doing something that’s not right, remember it is their problem not yours.
2. Based on your skin color, social economic background, religious affiliation, and sexual orientation you are entitled to more than people who, as the majority, receive more than yourself. Merit is inconsequential.
3. You must help other people even if you feel they don’t deserve it. Do not give for the joy of giving, but for the fact you must.
4. Police Officers are stupid, or act stupidly. If a cop sees a person breaking into a house…they are required to do nothing…in fear of making someone angry.
#4 on both lists of course refer to the Gates controversy. I think its is UNIMAGINABLE that the leader of the free world would side against police officers, but not the government of Iran! How horrible. He just told the entire nation, including our children, that police officers are racist, judgmental, and liars. Role Model? Yes role model of disgrace.
By saying the police acted “stupidly” he is perpetrating a stereotype that undermines the authority of our police force. What is that telling our children? Better yet, by insinuating the police were racist….he is discouraging equality. I believe if people stopped thinking about race so much the world would be a better place. If you were locked out of your house and tried to break into it…wouldn’t you feel blessed that the police had the best interests of your home at heart? Imagine it was a burglar. Gates would be ecstatic the police responded so quickly and apprehended the suspect.
I feel sorry for the youth of America. Their President is a horrible role model. Their Congress is full of moron crooks. Who can they believe in? Without God and parental guidance our children are susceptible to feeling lost, unloved, and weary of truthfulness and honesty.
Next time Mr. President…remember…with childlike faith our young believe in you. I will pray you find the strength to better yourself into a role model for excellence….and not the opposite.