This post is inspired by a conversation between @darrwin and I on twitter
For those of you who think my opinion is unfair, unmoral, or negative….here is a list of things that you should know.
1. I am 30 years old. My opinion has never been popular in nature. Saying what is right, and speaking up for such, is never easy. I will never cease to speak my mind, and if that bothers you…that is your problem.
2. I disagree with the President on almost every issue. If you agree with him…I applaud your right to speak up for him. But if you get to agree, I get to disagree.
3. Stop saying I want people to “think and act just like I do”. Unless you are on speed dial in my phone, you don’t know anything of what I have been through in life. When you know me….then you can talk. I have never wanted people to be like me, or think like me, without their own beliefs. If you believe I am trying to coerce people into believing what I do, and then you argue I am wrong and tell me how I should be different…who is coercing? Me saying whats on my mind in a blog or you reading such blog and telling me I need to change my ways? You are the manipulator. Not I.
4. I hate no one. Hate is one of the strongest emotions, like love. I hold them in the same regard. You have to deeply know someone inside and out to know that you love them. Same goes with hate.
5. I am no victim. A victim is : one that is acted on and usually adversely affected by a force or agent (I do not let others opinions affect me): as a one that is injured, destroyed, or sacrificed under any of various conditions (The words of people who dislike me will never destroy me. Adversity creates strength…not despair) one that is subjected to oppression, hardship, or mistreatment (people who feel oppressed or mistreated think the world owes them something. I decide my own fate with the help of God.) or one that is tricked or duped (My beliefs are based on deep reasearch and soul searching. If I was not firm in those beliefs it might be easy to trick me…but I am not.)
6. The fate of my country IS PERSONAL! I hate, hate, hate, HATE it when people say…its just politics its nothing personal. BULL! I take the killing of babies personally. I take the policies regarding the military personally. I take Obama saying this nation is not a Christian nation personally. When issues are close to my heart, it affects me personally. Your words do not carry the weight to hurt me, but do not deny they are directed at me.
7. The only person whose judgment matters to me is God.
I refuse to act oblivious and put on a smile to promote a false sense of contentment in a country I believe is being slowly destroyed. Shiny happy people are everywhere as the song says, and if they are mindlessly believing our country is peachy keen…then it is my responsibility to speak for what is good and moral.
If I didn’t stand for something, I would fall for anything, and your words are attempting to make me trip and fall. I believe I just used over 500 words to say what I could have said in 13.
You accidentally mistook me for someone who cares what you think of me.